Its that time of year again where everyone regrets not achieving their goals and wishing they had done more. Instead of fluctuating up and down all year, build a well rounded program customized to keep you fit all year. This should include a balance of nutrition, resistance and cardiovascular training. This will help you build lean muscle and a strong metabolism to prevent your body from drastic changes. Set both short and long term attainable goals and get started now! Contact one of our trainers to setup a customized program to help set and reach your goals. This way you will have someone to hold you accountable, motivate you and get you going on the right program. We wish you a happy and healthy new year!
Looking to maintain your weight or lose body fat during the holidays? Resistance training may be your answer. The following are some of the top benefits of resistance training…
- The more muscles you incorporate during your workout, the more calories you will burn throughout the day.
- As you build lean muscle mass, you will look more defined.
- The new lean muscle will help boost your metabolic rate, therefore burning more calories at rest.
- As you strengthen your core and upper back muscles, you will find yourself with better posture.
- Strength training can increase your bone density, which can help you avoid osteoporosis.
- As you build more lean muscle mass, your body composition will improve.
- You will be able to perform normal daily activities without as much of a struggle as you build strength.
These are just some of the many benefits of resistance training. If you are unsure of what to do, schedule an appointment with one of our trainers today. They will help you customize a program to fit your needs and goals.
To those of you who currently train with resistance, what are your favorite exercises? Which ones give you the most trouble in the gym? Happy Lifting!